The Bookmobile is a state-of-the-art mobile branch, part of the Outreach Services Department for the Fountaindale Public Library District. The Bookmobile reaches residents who do not have convenient access to and who cannot get to the main library building.
Bookmobile stops may be cancelled without prior notice in the event of severe weather or mechanical difficulties. Please contact the Bookmobile office at 630-685-4230 for questions related to service.
● All Bookmobile stops are located within the boundaries of the Fountaindale Public Library District service area.
● The Fountaindale Public Library District Bookmobile is on the road to bring library services to YOU!
● The Bookmobile carries books, best sellers, magazines, audiobooks, CDs, Playaways, and DVDs for children, teens, and adults.
● You may request to pick up your library materials at any stop near you - please give us at least 24 hours’ notice.
● The Bookmobile is also available for Block Parties, schedule permitting. Please call or email Marianne Thompson to schedule the Bookmobile for your Block Party.
Services provided on the Bookmobile:
● Checkout materials
● Return materials
● Checkout adult Nooks
● Place holds
● Pick up holds and requested materials
● Apply for a new library card/replacement card
General questions or to place holds: Main Outreach Phone Number at 630-685-4230
For Bookmobile visits: Marianne Thompson, Outreach Services Manager, at 630-685-4231 or mmthompson [at] fountaindale.org or Kathy Welko, Outreach Services Assistant Manager, at 630-685-4236 or kwelko [at] fountaindale.org